JOIN OUR TEAM!!
Job Opportunity Available
Legal Assistant -Paralegal
Please email resumes & references to email@example.com
We're seeking a loyal, intelligent, organized, detail- oriented go-getter who really wants to work in this profession as a Legal Assistant, Secretary, or Paralegal and is able to perform all the administrative functions necessary in a Real Property law firm. We want someone who is seeking a career and is committed and willing to invest their time and talent. We require a minimum of a two year commitment and prefer someone with prior legal experience, preferably in real estate and a stable work history. Our ideal candidate is a professional who knows to call if he/she is running late, has near perfect attendance, understands phone etiquette, and has the other positive behaviors that show office intelligence; and loyalty. You must have excellent follow-up and superior typing, writing and proofreading skills. We want a candidate who is flexible and eager to perform any tasks assigned and able to wear many hats.
• Competitive - Hourly, based on experience.
• Minimum Qualifications:
• High energy level and consistently focused on work and career. No personal distractions.
• Trainability: Good listening and note taking skills. Open to learning and being taught.
• Good memory and average intelligence or above average intelligence, common sense and basic critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Flexible team player who is willing to do any job in the office that supports the needs of the team and the attorney.
• Able to work with interruptions and priorities that change a lot
• Good computer skills including MS Word. Able to learn new software quickly.
• Typing of at least 50 words per minute.
• Good spelling and strong writing skills. (Grammar, punctuation, proofreading)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Work Environment: (1) This is a fast paced busy office. (2) Business Office Attire. Suits not required but appropriate work wear. Casual dress on Fridays. No facial piercings or exposed tattoos.
• Personal Characteristics (A) Work Ethic-Candidate must be trustworthy, honest, and reliable. Candidate must deliver results, not excuses. Must be hardworking and committed to helping to grow the business. Expected to give 100 percent each day and have an excellent work ethic. (B) Professionalism - Candidate will represent the firm. You must be respectful of self and others at all times and be able to handle stress without having major meltdowns that distract the focus from work and customers. (C) Multi-tasking required: Candidate must be able to change directions very quickly, work with frequent interruptions, and continuously improve performance based on training, coaching, and feedback. (D)Self Motivated/Strong Work Ethic : There is no down time in this office. Candidate will never have time to surf the internet or perform personal tasks during work time. Candidate must understand how to work successfully in a small firm and not have a big company mentality. (E) Accountability: Personal ownership, self-motivation. The ability to complete tasks without frequent reminders, and time management are essential traits for a candidate to be successful in this role. (F) Execution: Superior follow-up, communication (so that others know the work has been completed) and strong problem solving skills are required. (G) Super Flexibility: This is a solo firm. Everybody wears 20 different hats. This candidate will as well.
• High School diploma required. Some college strongly preferred. Criminal background check required. Trial Employment period may apply.